Monday, May 25, 2015

Chateau de Chenonceau

The last time we were in the Loire Valley we had planned on visiting Chenonceau.  Unfortunately we got to the parking lot on our last day and we realized it was too cold and we were too tired so we left. We have heard so many great things about this chateau.  I also realized that we were at our last opportunity for an overnight visit here in France.  We have been on the go so much we weren't planning on any more trips, but I had to see if we could make just one more.  This was just a one night trip for us.  We got up Sunday morning and packed up the car.  Just over 2 hours later we were at Chenonceau.  We made our way through the grounds and we all agreed we were glad we came.  Here are some photos from our day.

The door to enter the castle.



In the entry room you can see how the color on the tiles has worn away over the years.


Details on a mantel in the chateau.


The view from one of the bedrooms. 


I love this gallery, the floors, the light fixtures.  It was all just amazing.


Sometimes I think the scale of these fireplaces is lost in photos.  That is Bennett standing next to the fireplace, he is almost 6.


A giant urn outside.


One of the courtyards.


The fresh flower arrangements in the chateau were just spectacular.


I love this one too.


This was a tiny little room, but every wall had a great arrangement on it.


I love how all of the flower arrangements were different.








This amazing arrangement was in the kitchen.


Outside Jon was with the kids while I finished drooling over the copper collection in the kitchen.  


Of course they found water to throw rocks into.


Then we moved on to the gardens.


More giant urns.


You can see just how big the gardens were with Malachi in the picture.


A family shot!  I love my remote for my camera.


I love that Garrett sat down and started digging in the sand.  




Bennett had a great big pose for me.


My big boys.


In the gardens I found this giant stack of pots.  What a beautiful way to store these little pots.


Our last stop were the donkeys.  They were looking for a snack, but they were willing to pose for a photo.


We also visited the maze, but I did not get any pictures there.  I would definitely recommend this chateau, especially if you are looking for a family friendly place.



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

11 comments: