Sunday, April 27, 2014

Markets and Roses

Our last day in Barcelona I had a list of a few thrift/antique stores that I wanted to visit.  We made our way through back streets, and one that we weren't sure was a street, to find no parking and one of the stores not open.  We did see this great balcony.

Eventually we decided to just go to the main market, Encants Market.  We parked in a parking garage near by and headed in.  I had read mixed reviews about this market, some said only to expect 'Made in China' junk, others said there were treasures to be found.  I went in with a hopeful attitude and I was rewarded.


There were vendors all over the floor and on the sides that wrapped around and up the building.  Some of the vendors did have junk, but some of them had amazing treasures, and they were ready to make some deals.  


My Spanish is still good enough to haggle over some prices and I had collected enough by lunch time for Jon to make a trip to the car.  


After lunch Jon took the kiddos to a near by park and I got a few more minutes to shop.  


When I found Jon and the kids they were having a really good time.


My sweet little flamenco dancer.


Our weary little traveler.


We got back in the car and drove over to Las Ramblas to enjoy the Sant Jordi/Saint George Day festivities.  We made a stop into La Boqueria, a fun food market.  We had a snack of yummy fresh fruit and a smoothie.  We had fun checking out all of the fresh fish, different eggs, and interesting cuts of meat.


Jon bought Addie her rose to celebrate the day Saint George slayed the dragon and saved the princess.


We finished our walk through the city with one more pass by the cathedral.


There were street dancers that Addie loved watching.


I had a hard time getting Garrett to look at the camera, but once he did I got a great little smile.  



From here we went to the Hard Rock Cafe for a yummy dinner.  It was hard to believe that our time in Spain was over already.  We went home that night and started the process of collecting all of our things and packing up the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment