Monday, October 8, 2012

The Less Glamorous Side

When we got here I had a lot of laundry to do, 25 hours of travel and a couple of sick kiddos will do that.  When I first started doing laundry I realized my washing machine had 1/4 the capacity of my machine in Texas.  Then there is the dryer.  I started noticing clothes coming out of the dryer smelling worse than when they went in.  There is nothing more frustrating in the world of laundry than washing a load of clothes and then they are not clean!  At one point I had 10+ loads of laundry and the clothes coming out were not clean.  
The nice hanging rack was hijacked for another room in the house, I will have pictures of that change later.  
 After some research I found the water drain on the dryer and the regular lint trap.  I cleaned both of those and it did not make a difference.  In the mean time I put the clothes lines to good use and started hanging all of our clothes to dry.  This is effective, but not fast.
 I finally asked my friend who has been here in Norway for a year and she told me about the filter on the very bottom that is hidden by a metal panel.  After figuring out how to remove the metal panel I found a filter the size of a car battery that had not been cleaned in a while, a long while.  I am in the process of trying to clean the filter, but we are also going to see about a replacement filter.

So for now I am going to continue to hang up all of our laundry.  I did have to buy more socks this past weekend because I couldn't get them clean.  I am not used to going through this many socks either.  In Houston socks are optional, they are not in Norway.

No comments:

Post a Comment