Sunday, October 14, 2012

Life is Getting back to Normal

We are settling into our life here in Norway.  We got our first shipment of goods, our "Air Shipment" and it was like Christmas in October.  It was just a few things, but it was nice to have extra clothes for the kids, our warm jackets, and the double stroller.  The kids were really excited about the toys that came.  It has been a long 3 weeks with very few toys.
Our next shipment is the sea shipment that has everything else we brought with us, the rest of the toys, more clothes, and a few more decorating items to make the house feel more like ours.  
Here are some pictures of the kids from this past week.
 I brought these straws with us from the United States, they have chocolate flavor when you use them to drink milk.  They were a big hit with the boys. 

 I am pretty sure I bought these at Target if you are interested.  Have I mentioned how much I miss Target?
And this is a picture from Addie from Saturday.  She was invited to her first birthday party.  The mom of the little girl very sweetly thought to include Addie, I am so thankful for all of the kind families we have met here so far.  The expat community really does a great job of welcoming new people.  

While Addie was at the birthday party I had some time to go shopping all by myself!  I headed back to a second hand shop I had found back in June.  I was able to find my way to the store and found a couple of treasures.  I don't think I will be venturing there with the boys, so it was nice to have a little bit of time to explore kid free.
We have a friend coming to stay with us for the next week and we are planning some fun adventures!  We should have some good stories and lots of pictures coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment