Thursday, July 5, 2012

3 Years

Last night as we celebrated the 4th of July we realized that we have lived here in Texas for 3 years.  To some people that might not be much of an accomplishment, but for me and my family that is a big deal.  The longest I have ever lived in a home is 4 years.  I moved a lot growing up.  I was a child of the Air Force (I don't like the term Air Force Brat).  I wouldn't trade all of the experiences I had moving around and all of the neat places I got to go to, but it has been nice to have a little continuity for our kiddos.  
Just for fun I went back and found pictures from July 2009.  Addison had just turned 2 and Ben was about 4-6 weeks old in all of these pictures.  
 Addie's first summer at the pool.  It is hard to believe that she can swim the length of the pool by herself now.  
 Our handsome little Ben-Ben.  
 He was such a chunky little baby, he was exactly 5 weeks in this picture.  

 And here is Jonathan on his first day at ExxonMobil.  I remember how excited he was that he didn't have to wear a uniform to work, and I thought he looked so handsome.  I still do!
 I had to look to find a picture of myself from that time, so here is our little family.  It is amazing the difference 3 years makes.  
When we moved into this house we didn't think that we would be here this long, we thought we would have moved overseas on an assignment already.  We did not think that we would have added another precious little boy quite so soon.  I can't imagine our life if we were the ones making all the decisions.  I love to see how God has directed our life and I can't wait to see where we are in another 3 years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment