Friday, April 6, 2012

Such a Big Girl

I can't believe the month is here that will turn my little girl into a 5 year old.  Addie has been so excited for this birthday since she turned 4 last year.  In preparation for turning 5 Addie has decided to learn how to tie her shoes.  She got the idea from Caillou, a show on PBS kids.  She has been wearing sneakers all week so that she can practice.  
 This morning before we left the house she had successfully tied both of her shoes.  It still takes her a little while, but I am so proud of her.  I can't believe how quickly she is growing up,  and I am really looking forward to all of the fun we are going to have this year.
 Our other exciting event today happened at the doctor's office.  We have been there a lot in the last 2 months thanks to Garrett's constant ear infection.  Today was special though because there was a lizard hanging out just on the other side of the window.
 All 3 kiddos were fascinated by the little guy and I was just thankful that he occupied them for almost 15 minutes while we waited for the doctor.
 There is our little buddy.
 I know it is gross that they are laying on the floor, but this is not the first time they have done it.  We were at the doctor's office, during nap time, for almost 90 minutes, I was willing to take any distraction that didn't involve screaming today.


2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain at waiting at the Dr! Ugh! Sooo happy you had a good distraction; the pictures are somehow ADORABLE!!! Too bad you can't cut and paste them outside of the Drs office ;-)

    ReplyDelete