Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Muddy Day at the Park

When we got to the park yesterday I almost turned around, all I could see was mud.  But we were all dressed and out of the house and there and the kids needed to run around, so I decided I was just going to have to be okay with some muddy clothes.  
 I started out trying to keep Garrett clean by putting him in the swing, but he is such a busy boy that this didn't last very long.
 Ben was having so much fun driving the tractor,
 and climbing.
 Garrett wants to be like his big brother.  A
 Addie was having so much fun, we were the only people there and the park is huge so they just kept running from one thing to the next playing.
 I love how Addie has started doing her crazy poses whenever she sees the camera.
 Of course Garrett found water.
 I almost pulled him away,
 but he was having so much fun.
 It really wasn't much water and after he splashed for a minute he was happy and found something else to do.
 I was trying to get a picture of all three, that is getting harder and harder to do.
 Addie was putting on a show for her lion.  She loves to sing made up songs about how much she loves God and how much God loves her, I love it.
 Garrett was a crazy boy crawling every where and climbing anything he could get close to.
 LUNCH BREAK
 Garrett managed to find a puddle and crawl right through it.
 His little baby tracks were so cute.
 Trying to drive like a big boy.
 I love this outfit on Ben.  He does not love it.  He screamed for 15 minutes after I put the vest on him.  Rolling on the floor, pulling on the vest and screaming.  It was not pretty, but I love how he looks and I wanted him to be warm enough so I left it on him.  I felt vindicated when a lady at a garage sale commented on how handsome Ben looked.
 Another crazy Addie pose.  We had some drama getting her ready to go, she said when she wears pig tails that people make fun of her.  She also has a very tender head so she screams like I am ripping her hair out when I try to do her hair.  As soon as I was done she stopped screaming, looked in the mirror and said "Cute" and I didn't hear another thing about it.
 I love these kiddos.
 My favorite pictures are still from behind because you can't see if they are looking at the camera, crying or scowling.
 More singing from Addie.
 The tractor was a big hit.
 I love this play ground.
 Such a sweet girl.  I let her do her crazy poses and finally got a sweet one.
 Garrett throwing a fit, when he doesn't get his way he lays himself down on the ground and rolls around and screams.
 This slide really wasn't that fast, but it made for a great picture.
 Two out of three looking at the camera, I call that a win.
 Garrett had to disrobe in the van, he was filthy.
 Ben was actually the cleanest of the three kids, but he still took off his socks and shoes.  I think he would go  barefoot all the time if we would let him.
 Addie stayed clean until she slipped and dove into a big muddy puddle.  Everyone got some pringles for a snack and we went home and had a great nap.
I have a saying in my laundry room "The best days usually end in the dirtiest clothes"  I think today was one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment