Thursday, October 20, 2011

My New Adventure

I have rented a space at a local antique store, Antique Gallery of Houston. The part of the store that my space is in is not necessarily antiques, but more random fun things. I have enjoyed shopping at the Antique Gallery since we moved here and everything came together recently for me to try my hand at resale. Jon and my parents have been so supportive as I have gotten things started. Jon and I moved everything that is in that space ourselves.
Some of the items I made, some I have been collecting over the years and some are things that I have found recently. I have been adding new things at least once a week.
I was a wreck until I sold my first item, and since then it has been a slow and steady pace.
I have learned a lot already from what has sold and at what price. Everyone at the store has been very supportive and helpful.
It is a wonderful set up because I don't have to be at the store, except when I want to drop off more merchandise. I am able to do as much or as little as I have time for.
It has been scary stepping out and trying something new. Finding the right balance of working on projects with the kids has been interesting, but I am having so much fun.
The kids love to go treasure hunting with me on the weekends, we usually all find some treasures.
The hardest part has been parting with items once I am finished with them. This is a magnetic board, the clothespins can hold prayer requests. I love this idea and I think I am going to have to make another for our house.
The name of the Store is Antique Gallery of Houston, it is at 21127 Spring Town Drive, Spring, TX 77388. It is just off 2920 west of I 45. They are open every day from 10-6.
I am booth Q 5 if you want to stop by and take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment