Sunday, July 25, 2010

Bargain Shopping at Staples

I have been keeping up with my coupon shopping recently and I am still having so much fun. We have enough body wash, shampoo and conditioner, and tooth paste to last us quite a while. I am hoping that when Baby Scout gets here I won't have to worry about running to the store, unless I want to.
Today I had a fun day at Staples. I have always been a litte wary of rebates, but Staples has been so easy to use and the turn around time is the shortest of any rebate I have done. Right now a lot of the stores are doing back to school shopping, I still can't believe they are already doing back to school deals, it is still July. I will take advantage of the deals though. At Staples today I spent $43.82 out of pocket. The exciting part is that after 2 rebate checks and a rebate on a gift card I will only have spent $3.86. I buy our ink at Staples so the gift card will not be a problem for me to use. The backpack is going to be Ben's for his 'school' that he will go to this year and we will use the rest of the products or donate them in school supply drives.


I know some people have asked where I find some of the deals that I get and if you live in the Houston area my favorite blog is http://www.mylitterofsix.blogspot.com/. She posts a lot of deals and also talks about local deals. The two national blogs that I think are the best are http://myfrugaladventures.com/ and http://moneysavingmom.com/. There are so many blogs out there to help you save money and there is a certain amount of time that you ahve to put in, but once you get the hang of it you can save a lot of money with a minimal amount of effort. I will say for me it still feels like a hobby. I have always loved shopping and Jon is wonderful enough to let me have some time on the weekends to go and do the shopping.

We are going to the doctor tomorrow for Scout's 19 week ultrasound. We are taking the kids and Addie is very excited to see baby Scout. Hopefully we will have some cute pictures of baby Scout to show off tomorrow.

2 comments: